Saturday, January 1, 2011

Vacation from Disney

Luckily, I got away from Disney for awhile because my aunt invited me to stay at her place for a few days which was very nice! So after graduation, we shopped at Downtown Disney, had lunch at the Napa Pizzaria, headed over to company D, and then we headed out to Apache Junction Arizona!! It was a long drive home and I didn’t sleep but enjoyed the ride. The next morning we were supposed to go to Mexico but I forgot my passport so I got my homework done and I relaxed all day. Later that night, I remembered that there was BLUE BELL ice cream so when I went out to find some… and I did! The flavor I wanted was only available in a big size so if I bought it, I would have had to finish it by the time I left. And I got to take a picture of an amazing sunset by the way.


The next day, we baked and decorated homemade sugar cookies. It was tons of fun and eating the dough was the best part! Of course we had to test some out too and I had to eat some with my ice cream. Then I took a nap, and when I woke up, my little cousin Cal had built a tent in the basement! It was awesome! Then we had some dinner and I got to sleep in again! (P. S. I got to sleep in everyday this week!) Then for breakfast I FINALLY had me some Mickey Mouse pancakes with peanut butter! Then I hung out wit Cal for a bit and we ate some more ice cream and hung out some more. After my aunt got home from work, Cal and my Uncle went to get a real Christmas tree! Then Cal and my aunt decorated it and we put some random decors around the house as well. Later that night, my uncle informed me that there is a lunar eclipse, but it was during the winter solis? And that only happens not very often! So between 11pm-1 am, we chilled outside and watched it. It was really neat and luckily, we got to see some of it because it was cloudy out (of all nights to be cloudy out?!).Then the next day, Cal and I decided to go to the mall and hang out and catch a movie. We first got some pizza lunch and then went on the double Decker carousel. He rode the white tiger and I rode the elephant. Then we walked around the mall twice and then headed towards the movie theater. Since Cal being the young energetic child he was, I told him to run up and back down this “trail” as fast as he could and I would time him. So he ended up doing this 3 times and then we headed in to watch Despicable Me in 3D! I love the little Minons!! Then my other cousin Tierra finally came home (the next night?) from Vegas and we hung out wit some of her friends which was fun! Turns out one of them knows one of the girls I work with at Disneyland…. “it’s a small world after all”… So the next day my stuff was packed. My aunt and Tierra took me to Jack in the Box and then on to the airport to fly back to Cali. I forgot to mention that my aunt adopted a dog from my other aunt and she ran away about a month ago and we found her the night before I left. She is a sweet dog and she’s a puggle (pug-beagle mix) and her name is Belle. And I finished all of my Blue Bell Ice Cream by the way too. Overall, this mini-vacation was just what I needed before going back and I really enjoyed my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment