Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas season and such

So on Christmas, I did work. Oh ya, I keep forgetting to tell ya’ll: I’m on transitional. It’s when you get hurt on the job you go see a Disney doctor. They put you on work restrictions and when your original job can’t accommodate them, you do other jobs. You still get your same pay and hours. Some do back of house work, and some do greeter at stores. So I was a greeter at stores, well I organized merchandise and stocked items, pin traded, and interacted with guests more. It was fun and easier on my back. The camera equipment was too much for me after awhile because I had no upper body strength. I’ve worked at the Emporium, Clothiers, Mad Hatter (all on main street), Pieces of Eight/Port Royal (in New Orleans Square) and at Greetings (Californa Adventure). I got to wear different costumes. One time I went out of my way to help a special needs guest (while helping other guests too) and 2 leads recognized me and gave me a “Great Service Fanatic”. I’m not completely sure what it is but it made my day! Some other quick moments: I got to play tag with a 2 year old and got a hug and kiss from her; met a guest who was a button collector and had so many that he put all the pin traders to shame!, there’s a little boy who only trades mystery pins so I call him “Mystery Boy”, and I was the first person a little boy traded pins with and the power went out at New Orleans Square so I spent 6 hours doing nothing (except “testing” the merchandise). So you could say I’ve had more moments in transition, but I did miss working with my old friends and characters.
Anywho, back to Christmas. So I worked at the Emporium that day and I definitely felt the holidays, but not Christmas. I felt like it hasn’t come yet. But my shift went by fast. Katie and I had a steak dinner, watched Elf and exchanged gifts with an amazing dessert to follow. It was short, but I enjoyed just being around friends who are my “Disney family”.
FUN FACTS: the park hit compactly (and hit it the next 3days before noon!) which is 75,000 so Disney California Adventure got super busy too! Throughout those next few days here’s an idea of how busy it was: The line for Alice ride wrapped towards the castle, Matterhorn line had to get parade ropes out, Tower of Terror line went all the way into Hollywood backlot and the fastpass line went into bugs land, Woody and Jessie had to more further down Paradise Pier because the Toy Story midway mania ride went into their area, Minnie and Goofy had to leave Condor Flats area early because the Soarin’ ride over took their area and even started going backstage, Space Mountain had a 120 min wait, 90 min wait for Dumbo, 140 min wait for Indiana Jones, 40 minute wait for Splash Mountain, 130 min wait for Haunted Mansion Holiday. So the best thing to say was: DO NOT GO TO THE PARK AROUND THE HOLIDAY SEASON FOR YOUR SAFTEY AND SANITY! Thank you and have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment